Koalas were declared endangered in eastern Australia on Friday, with more and more koalas dying from disease, habitat loss, and other threats. Earlier, the koala was considered a vulnerable species, and the Commonwealth Department of the Environment changed its protection level to endangered on the east coast of Queensland, New South Wales, and the Australian Capital Territory. Many koalas in Australia are infected with chlamydia. The disease can cause blindness, infection, and infertility. Last year, the Australian Koala Foundation said Australia had lost about 30 percent of its koala population in the past three years. Without immediate action, the species could become extinct by 2050.
Unlike koalas, which are on the brink of extinction, the market demand for MnO2 will grow substantially.
Introduction to Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder
Manganese dioxide is also known as manganese peroxide or black manganese oxide. It is the oxide of tetravalent manganese. The chemical formula is MnO2. The fHm (298K) is -520.71kJ/mol, the melting point is 847℃, and the density is 5.026 g/cm3. The natural MnO2 exists in pyrolusite, and it is a black rhombic crystal or black-brown powder. It has a tetrahedral lattice, which is amphoteric manganese oxide. It is insoluble in water and nitric acid, but gives off oxygen and forms manganese sulfate in hot concentrated sulfuric acid and is chlorinated to manganese chloride in hydrochloric acid. It is fused with caustic soda and oxidant, giving off carbon dioxide to form permanganate. Manganese dioxide is a strong oxidant and can cause combustion and explosion by friction or co-heating with organic matter or other oxidable substances such as sulfur, sulfide, and phosphide. The product exhibits reducibility with strong oxidants such as hydrogen peroxide. MnO2 is converted into Mn2O3 when heated above 480℃ in air, and Mn3O4 when heated above 900℃. It is widely used in steelmaking, glass, ceramics, dry cells, etc.
In nature, it exists in the form of pyrolusite and hard manganese ore. It can be extracted from pyrolusite, and can also be prepared by heating decomposition of manganese nitrate or electrolytic manganese dioxide salt. γ -Mno2 is active and can be used as a cathode material for batteries to eliminate polarization. Manganese dioxide can be used as a rust remover, oxidizer, dry battery drying agent, and paint drying agent, also used in manganese salt preparation and the glass industry.
Physicochemical Properties of Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder
For manganese dioxide, oxygen atoms are at the top of the octahedron corner and manganese atoms in the octahedron. Octahedron is connected to form a single chain or double chain, forming a tunnel structure of the gap, octahedron, or hexagonal dense or square dense accumulation. Oxidizability: Manganese dioxide is a non-salt oxide, non-amphoteric oxide which does not react with either acid or base. In the presence of reducing agents, is oxidizing. Such as manganese dioxide into the hydrogen flow heating to 1400K to get manganese oxide. Manganese dioxide is heated in an ammonia gas stream to obtain brown and black manganese trioxide. Manganese dioxide is reacted with concentrated hydrochloric acid to obtain manganese chloride, chlorine gas, and water.
In the presence of strong oxidants, it also exhibits reducibility. If the manganese dioxide, potassium carbonate, and potassium nitrate or potassium chlorate mixed melting, people can get dark green melt, melt it in water cooling people can get six valence manganese compound potassium manganate. It is a strong oxidant in an acid medium. Strong oxidant, does not burn on its own, but it aids combustion, so please do not place it with flammable materials.
|Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder Properties|
|Other Names||manganese oxide, MnO2 powder|
|Solubility in H2O||insoluble|
Applications of Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder
1. Manganese dioxide is a very good decolorizing agent in the glass manufacturing industry, which can oxidize low ferric salt to high ferric salt, so that the blue-green glass into weak yellow.
2. In the electronic industry it is used to produce manganese zinc ferrite magnetic materials.
3. Used as the raw material of iron and manganese alloy in the steelmaking industry and heating agent in the casting industry.
4. Used in gas masks to absorb carbon monoxide.
5. In the chemical industry it can be used as an oxidant, catalyst for organic synthesis, paint, and ink desiccant.
6. Used as an accelerant for match industry, as a raw material for glaze medicine of ceramics and enamel and manganese salt.
7. Used for fireworks, water purification, iron removal, medicine, fertilizer and textile printing, dyeing, etc.
8. Electrolytic manganese dioxide is an excellent depolarizing agent of battery. Compared with the dry battery produced by natural discharge manganese dioxide, it has the characteristics of large discharge capacity, strong activity, small volume, and long life, so electrolytic manganese dioxide has become a very important raw material in the battery industry.
9. Electrolytic manganese dioxide due to its strong catalytic, oxidation/reduction, ion exchange, and adsorption capacity, after treatment and molding, it is a comprehensive excellent water purification filter material. Compared with the common use of activated carbon, zeolite, and other water purification filter material, it has a stronger ability to decolorize and remove metal.
Main Supplier of Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd. (TRUNNANO) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials, including silicon powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, zinc sulfide, calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you are looking for high-quality manganese dioxide MnO2 powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])
Europe has been facing the gas shortage problem since the second half of 2021. The worsening situation in Russia and Ukraine has reduced Russian gas shipments to Europe, leading to a doubling of European gas prices. Energy shortages have sent electricity prices soaring. For these reasons, it is predicted that the price of the MnO2 will continue to increase.
Zinc sulfide ZnS is an inorganic compound, which is a white or light yellow powder with excellent fluorescence effect and electroluminescence function, especially nano-zinc sulfide has a unique photoelectric effect, which is used in electricity, magn…
Iron oxide Fe3O4 powder, commonly known as black iron oxide, magnetite and black iron oxide, is used in many different fields, it is commonly used as a pigment and polish, and in the manufacture of audio cassettes and telecommunications equipment.…